A user-friendly jailbreak has been released for Windows Phone 7 by Rafael Rivera, Log Zheng and Cris Wash, all respected Microsoft community enthusiasts.
Below is the step by step guide to jailbreaking and unlocking your Windows Phone 7 device:
- Download and install the latest version of the Zune Software.
- Download the latest version of Windows Phone SDK (Registration and Windows Live ID required).
- OR you can execute the following registry command:
- Once you have completed steps above, connect your Windows Phone 7 device.
- Sync your device with the Zune Software. Make sure you select the 'full sync' option.
- Download ChevronWP7 app for your Windows Phone 7 device.
- Run the app and check the following options:
- Ensure your phone isnt PIN-locked
- “Install certificate on phone using Internet Explorer at http://chevronwp7.com/cert
You are done. You can now install third party apps for your Windows Phone 7 devices. Remember that you can reverse the process at anytime by selecting the Relock option.
** Note that this process of Jailbreaking and Unlocking will not work after Microsoft's upcoming update to Windows Phone. Microsoft works closely with the jailbreak community to ensure the best possible experience for it's users.